Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thoughts on Heaven

We read Heaven is for Real and enjoyed it immensely!

A thought that I had some time ago came back to me then and the kids and I talked it over. I think I may have read something like it, but I can't remember where to give credit :)

So in heaven the streets are paved with gold, pearls are on the gates, precious stones abound... this makes me wonder:
Do the people up there ever look down here and wonder what all the fuss about pavement is?
Think about the last time you treasured the sidewalk or dirt. Oh, you mean you never really consider that stuff beneath your feet? Me either! We strive after the stuff that in Heaven is walked on!

Why do we strive for these things at all if we have the assurance of Heaven??? After all we already are co-heirs of all that, so we have more treasure there than we could ever desire or attain here.

But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven..
for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


The riches there, that we can hardly imagine, I think won't be important at all once we set our eyes on God! Oh, the Beauty Indescribable!
I posted sometime back about motives for going to heaven. I think I should note that looking forward to being reunited with a loved one in heaven to me is different than thinking you want to go to heaven because they are there.

The book gave us some thoughts and descriptions to consider and be encouraged by. And we all recommend it :)

What are your thoughts on heaven?

No comments: