Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Simple Women's Daybook

Sorry I am not up to blogging more this week. I had hoped to share a few things, but the Tuesday cyst removal aftermath proved to be something I wasn't ready for... so I've been on light duty again and just plain wore out.


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's dark! (really Monica... at 1 what am???) ;)

I am thinking... that I don't seem to get into bed at a reasonable time anymore!

I am thankful... that the Lord answers prayers!

From the learning rooms... we had a fairly productive and fun school day... and the Science experiment is officially a flop! Oh, well! So we can grow beans in the only container that shouldn't grow them (before) and now can keep mint alive in the conditions it was supposed to languish in and kill it in the others! (this time) lol

In the kitchen... We did a simple Cabbage dish tonight... one pot, so less energy used... fairly simple and I didn't have to be up long doing it. :)

I am wearing... a black nursing top, and a skort with green and leaf patterns... barefoot.
(Does the bandage on leg leg count?)

I am creating... not too much right now.

I am going... or hope to be going, camping soon, but the list of Dr visits is lengthy for us, so we'll see...

I am wondering... about my friend that I was thinking of and praying for last week... and missing her very much.

I am reading... the Bible; still trying to work on Ann's 1000 gifts book; mostly others blogs.

I am hoping... that my leg will feel much better tomorrow and I'll be back to "normal" soon.

I am looking forward to... some time with hubby when he is off for the coming holiday.

I am hearing... the stillness of the house and the whoosh of our cooler.

Around the house... things are not getting done much. :/ Oh, well... they'll keep.

I am pondering... How I can help that dear friend (& her family) that I am wondering about.

One of my favorite things... Reading aloud with my kids and hearing them ask for more~

A few plans for the rest of the week: Try "not to over do it." Couple of Drs visits. Teaching.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Look to the Son as Susan lifts her face and follows the sun!


Wanna join the fun?
Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

Linda said...

Monica, thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Yes, you may use the poem if you like.

I hope things are going well for you and that you will have a good weekend. You said you are worn out. Maybe you can get some rest.

Take Care!

Linda

Leslie said...

One of my favorite flowers are sunflowers. Don't know your illness, but on of the things I regret is when I was ill, pushing too soon to get back to work; so, from a Grannie, take it easy, recover, let your body heal.

Monica said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by! :)

@Leslie, it *is* so hard to actually follow that advice, but I *know* it is wonderful! Thank you for your kind thoughts and I *promise* to try to listen to your wise counsel. :)

Blessings!
~Monica