Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

Book worms

So I haven't really been MIA for the last week...I just left up the last blog (at the top of the page) so that people like CJ and Karen could find it when they came back.

But enough of that!

I have been wanting to compile this list and maybe encourage a few people to read these books to their kids. I wont give age ranges as we don't follow those and my kids always enjoy anything I read to them!

In no particular order:

Tumble Bumble by Felicia Bond
I'll Love you forever by Robert Munsch Ill. by Sheila McGraw
If you give a..... books (Mouse a Cookie; Moose a Muffin; Pig a Pancake)
by Laura Joffe Numeroff Ill. by Felicia Bond
Little Bear by Else Homelund Minarik Ill. by Maurice Sendak
Little Cloud (or any books by) By Eric Carle
Can't you sleep, Little Bear? byMartin Waddell Ill. by Barbra Firth
(Side Note: Barbra firth is an excelent Illustrator! You have to see the details!)

I also really enjoy a book called Zin Zin Zin a Violin but I don't know author info!

We like series like Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish (and other authors)
Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Box Car Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
I am sure I don't need to mention The Winne the Pooh series by A.A. Milne, but it's me I'll do it anyway!
The Padddington Bear series is also fun; got my kids hooked on Orange Marmalade! :0)
(Can't remember the author! :S)
And anything by Dr Seuss is always an entertaining challenge to tackle and we all get to giggling!
"Big I, little i, I, i, i, Icabod is itchy, so am I!" from the ABC book

This is just a sampling... we love books!
You can look these up at your library's website and even request the titles. Then all you have to do is run in to the library when you get a chance and pick them up at the front! I love this way to save time when I know what I need, but don't have the time to spend looking for it in the library. (It usually takes a week to have them there, here anyway, as some have to travel from other libraries in the county. And they'll hold them for 2 weeks after sending you notice in the mail.)
But it isn't only a fun way to spend our time it helps them to learn and most importantly to learn to love to read!
I have to go cuddle up with the books I took down (must spell names corectly) and my little ones and enjoy our favorite pass time!
Have fun!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Are we the only two blogging or what!?!

So I have never actually heard of that book, which is why I posted many of the first titles....I think they are great books and don't know how many have heard of them!

Thanks for the feed back... makes me feel like I'm not just blabing to myself! ;)