Pages

Monday, January 09, 2006

I have to address something...

I usually address comments in the comments portion, but these 2 comments need airing where everyone can read them.

Karen, you posted under the poem, "If I had my child to raise over again" that I am patient. :/
Unfortunately this is a misconception! I wish it were true, and unfortunately the only way to aquire such things as patience is to suffer trials and perservere. :( Yuck! I do however find the compliment a help, as everytime I have yelled at my children since reading it I think how unlike that statement I am how how much more I should try.

Jenn, I have to admit, about telling my secret before the 13th of this month, it should be out of the question! I simply cannot tell everyone until some very important people have been informed.... yet due to the nature of some of these people, I cannot tell them for sometime! However, what everyone needs to hear is the chances of me making it as long as I would set out to is slim to none! I am horrible at waiting (hence the no patience thing!) for secrets/surprises to come out! When I was a little girl I used to show my sisters their Christmas presents days to weeks before Christmas. One year in my preteen years I decided to wrap a particular present so I wouldn't show my sister..... until I could bear it no longer and carefully unwrapped the gift, showed her and rewraped it! :} My sisters were masters at fake surprise faces (8-o) as most years there wasn't a thing under the tree I hadn't already shown them or told them about!!!
So we will see how long I can really last!

As for the GTT, I've had several ranging from the 1 hour to 3 hour tests and all have been fasting.... don't know what they let you do with different Drs and different states, but here with my labs/Drs I cannot drink much water, just enough to wet your mouth. Cannot eat anything nor chew gum and have to have blood drawn every hour (on the hour/ half hour mark), some start with a draw then you drink the icky stuff then it's every hour... some start with the icky stuff and then it's every hour, so we'll see what they do this time! I am sure it wont be the best day, but I've had many worse! Hubby and I aren't sure I will be able to make the full 5 hrs as the 3 hrs are usually pushing it! But I suppose that if I faint or seize or whatever, we can have it documented.... maybe we should bring the video camera... just in case! ;)

That's all the ramblings for now!

2 comments:

jenn & simon said...

Monica, you're just making it HARDER!!! wah! i'll be here to check up on you around the 13th! hurry up!!

and i'm with you on the no-patience thing. i'm also sucky at keeping secrets....

Monica said...

The GTT is to try to DX low blood sugar.

As for the scret, you'll have to stew with me! :0) LOL!

Thanks for being ever so supportive guys!