Pages

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Heavy

Do you ever have one of those days where your heart is so heavy you really feel you weigh more?

I started off today with somethings weighing me down...
A little girl, just 2 days younger than my littlest, is missing in Kansas. 
A friend is going through a rough time as they run a "Cold Case" this Sunday on her mother's murder from 1978. 
Another family friend is struggling with the anniversary of their son's suicide, I wrote about it 5 years ago.   While some family in Christ wait through the darkest hour of a husband/father considering suicide himself.
Pastor Youcef in Iran awaits the verdict in his case, while charges are trumped up to make him look deserving of death.

There are other things too... but these are the biggest.

I just *feel* heavy.

I think I need to remember to be praying for these things, so the emotion of it is put to good use for that... but I can't let it continue to weigh on me so heavily.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

traceylynndel said...

I am sorry you feel so heavy. Some burdens are hard to bear. I pray your heart is lifted soon.