Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Varied thoughts on Mother's Day

As I looked forward to today to celebrate with my family, I was reminded of my dear friends for whom this day will be difficult.

Kristy once again shows hope through her loss at her post Sorrowful yet Always Rejoicing.

Alice has been whole and rejoicing in heaven with our Savior for 3 months as of yesterday, with today being the first Mother's Day the girls have without their mother here.

Others come to mind too, and I am praying for them.

I could never say this all as well as Lynnette did in her post of Mother's Day Meditations.

Also I had the time to read this sermon (since it was so long my internet would never download it) on Mothers from Proverbs (and everywhere else in the Bible) and really enjoyed it! I laughed, was moved to think, and was convicted. I pray if you have the chance to listen or read it, you will be blessed by it as well!

I pray you have a wonderful Mother's Day! We have much to give Jesus praise in everyday, but today especially we thank Him for the high calling of Motherhood!

No comments: