Pages

Monday, May 02, 2011

Joy

I was feeling in a funk, and I couldn't talk myself out of it. Generally I can rationalize the moodiness and get past it, but for some reason, my attempts were vain that day. We prayed, I told my kids I was struggling and we prayed together. We started going about our business of the day: shopping. (I'm not a shopper...)
On the way into town we sing, so we started to sing and my mood started to lift!
The Joy of the Lord is my strength!
~The Joy of the Lord is my strength!~
The Joy of the Lord is my strength!
~The Joy of the Lord is my strength!~

It was very nice! Then anytime that feeling tried to creep back in, I'd just start singing!
Thank God for the gift of praise! :)

What do you do to lift your mood? Do you think praising while you are down will help next time you're struggling?

No comments: