Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Me? Hard headed?

Sometimes I really think so.

I've been blogging for about 3 years, and thinking/looking back I have the same issue cropping up. Surrender.


Why does it keep coming up?

Am I so hard headed that I don't learn?

Or (my preference) is God so gracious that he is teaching me slowly a deeper and deeper meaning of letting go?



Once again I find myself needing to just give it up to Him and not take it back. He is working something; I can feel it.... but I wonder how much it will hurt.
Does silver in a furnace loathe the fire and love the purity it will bring? Refining takes time to remove all the impurities.... maybe that's just where I'll be until made perfect with Him.




God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,

not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr



Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6


No comments: