Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Catching Up

So much has taken place over the last week or so.... I really don't know where to start!

The move is complete! We spent our first night here on Saturday the 22nd. It was a long time coming, and it sure feels good to have so much space! Today we were blessed with visitors to help me and have a meal together. Eight people were over at one time!!! This hasn't ever happened for our family. Our home was so small that we could barely fit 2 visitors at once! It was a real blessing to me to have that option. I look forward to the possibility of hospitality!

Not much sooner than we got our bathrooms, bed rooms and kitchen settled.... Brianna Joylinn made her debut. She was born Wednesday, September 24th, 2008. Our first evening arrival, at 5:25 PM; she weighed in at 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is pretty quiet and has allowed me to sleep more than I have allowed myself! On a couple of occasions I have let her cry a couple of minutes for the lung excercise! Everyone is so excited to have her here. Aliyah told me a couple of nights ago, "My hold it. My hold it, Mommy. Your turn all done!"

Not all changes are happy, and in the course of this week we had a sad change too. Wednesday night when hubby got home from the hospital, our dog Buster was ill. He has been a member of the family for 10+ years, and I have often teased that he is our first born. Friday, the 26th we were able to take him to the vet, since baby and I were home and my mom was able to be here for us. Tests found he had very advanced cancer and was not going to live much longer. We made the tough decision to have him put down.
He was a really great dog and we were blessed to have him for the time we did. He is dearly missed.

We have had a very difficult time greiving a loss and trying to celebrate our new little life, and the long awaited home. What was supposed to be a really happy weekend for our family turned into sort of a blur. It feels wrong to feel sad right now, but it feels wrong not to too. I don't know if that makes any sense. With postpartum hormones and all of the changes going on, I really haven't felt "myself."

I should go try to get some sleep, and not "over do" anymore for tonight.
Sorry to leave this on such a sad note, maybe I'll edit it later.

1 comment:

mommyofmany said...

So THRILLED for all of you! Happy about the safe delivery of your precious new daughter and happy about the new space. God has been so good to you!

I understand the hurt from losing a long-loved pet. We've recently experienced the same thing in our family. God will, of course, be faithful there, too.

Enjoy your new addition!!! Any pictures to share?