Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

The uneasiest easy pregnancy

Well, this has been the easiest pregnancy I've had so far. I am still keeping up with everything, even helping hubby with the yard work. But the uneasiness hasn't gone away. I have had one day since we started feeling Aliyah (baby's name) kick that she simply rested too long for my comfort, and I was practically begging to be kicked.

We are between 22 and 23 weeks now and strangers can definately tell. I am young and look even younger so I get a lot of "Is this your first?"
"Your baby measures about 7.6 inches and weighs about 12.3 ounces. The muscles are getting stronger every week now, and the eyelids and eyebrows are developed. Your baby's acrobatics are pretty constant, and since she responds to sound, rhythm and melody, you can try singing and talking to her. After she's born, the same sounds will soothe her.
Your baby is about 8 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 1 pound. The body is becoming proportioned more like a newborn, but skin is still wrinkled because your baby still has more weight to gain. Lanugo hair on the body sometimes turns darker." ~ WebMD Pregnancy Guide weeks 22 &23 *editors note: changed to be gender biased. :-D
I can definately feel the need for more rest! And standing has become one of those things I'd rather not do. But I do get plenty in as I shouldn't get too lazy.

As for school the last full week of May we test, then we'll take off the following week so that we start back on the first Monday in June. The only curriculum I lack is Science as I am buying it used from a friend and she had an unexpected family emergency this past week. I'll have it by June tho I am certain. We have been having some light school days as we have friends leaving this Wednesday to live in Alabama; we are helping by playing with the kids at my sisters house so that the momma and daddy can move easier.
They are friends that will be dearly missed and happen to be my sisters family in love, so we feel this time is precious and worth the "light" school days.
Well, I am going soon to be with them and we need to finish up here first.
Have a lovely day.

No comments: