Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Well, the cleaning urges have not left yet, and I still can't tell if it is nesting or Spring that is driving me. Last night after dinner I cleaned the stove top, and had swept, mopped, cleaned up quite a bit of clutter on "my side of the bed," washed up a weekend worth of dishes, took care of the kiddos and all the meals of the day; yet for some reason I couldn't stop my self from cleaning the stove top until it was all finished. I started out to simply soak the top with cleaner, and 45 minutes later I was done. It seems strange to me, but I keep thinking it's possibly the only time I can get everything ready for a new arrival since know one knows what those last weeks will be like when nesting actually sets in. I have a feeling tho that being in a CA desert it will be hot!

In other news, we are quite sure we have felt baby move and Daddy and big sister Ysabella have both been kicked! We will be 20 weeks tomorrow "The fetus measures about 5.6 to 6.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 9 ounces. Your baby can hear sounds by now -- your voice, heart and your stomach growling, as well as sounds outside your body. It will cover its ears with its hands if a loud sound is made near you, and it may even become startled and "jump." The baby is moving often, too -- twisting, turning, wiggling, punching and kicking." ~WebMD "Guide to Pregnancy"

And that's about all that's going on here. I had borrowed my mom's car for a few weeks and so was gone to do this and that with the kiddos, but I hae given it back and am homebound. ;0) We have taken a Spring Break this week and I will be making sure I am prepared for next year as it starts in a month and a couple of weeks! (We do a year round school so that time can be taken off as necessary and to meet the intelectual need of my child for stimulation.) Come June first we jump, feet first, into Second Grade! I did however purchase a 3rd grade History book as we have gone through the 2nd grade edition several times through this last year! And I am starting the search for a good Spelling book as I haven't found one that suits her level and my taste; I don't wish my chhild to learn cursive until we have mastered print, and the book I have looked at so far has cursive so I need a different publisher. I am sure that this is all so very interesting....... no really.
I really should go start dinner preparations now.
Hope all is well with all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for one the one time in life that being kicked is a good thing! LOL

Have fun planning for new school year!