Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Faith

One day as I prayed asking God for more faith, I felt His answer was
"You don't need more faith. You need to use what faith you have. 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...'"
It was like my blinders came off and I could really see what was going on! I wasn't (am not) using what I do have!
The faith that we are given works best when used. (I know, duh!)

I need to plant that mustard seed! It will grow into a tree that the birds can perch in!

 
It will also yield soooo many more seeds to scatter and use!
Not as many people farm in America any more, so I think we loose a bit of the analogies in the parables.

We take seeds and plant them in the ground. Many of them are small... very small. They grow into a plant which produces seeds! 
  Basil is a pretty small little seed.
 
 
It grows HUGE for what we put in the soil, and it produces dozens of flowers on each plant, that each produce several seeds! AND it can be used as it grows to add flavor.

Our faith can be like that seed. It may seem small, but when we do with it what God intended, it will produce! It will grow and not return void!

No comments: