Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Faith

One day as I prayed asking God for more faith, I felt His answer was
"You don't need more faith. You need to use what faith you have. 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...'"
It was like my blinders came off and I could really see what was going on! I wasn't (am not) using what I do have!
The faith that we are given works best when used. (I know, duh!)

I need to plant that mustard seed! It will grow into a tree that the birds can perch in!

 
It will also yield soooo many more seeds to scatter and use!
Not as many people farm in America any more, so I think we loose a bit of the analogies in the parables.

We take seeds and plant them in the ground. Many of them are small... very small. They grow into a plant which produces seeds! 
  Basil is a pretty small little seed.