Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

OB Appt

So I had my follow up ultrasound an OB appt. last week and have had either problems with blogger or with our computer since so this is my first chance to write.

The ultrasound showed that Aliyah's right kidney is dilated to twice the size of her left kidney, which is also enlarged slightly. What this means exactly I am not sure, and I never did research it so that I wouldn't worry (any more than I already do). We will be going to a Perinatologist (sp?) on Thursday, June 15th to have a 3D ultrasound and a second opinion. We'll see, I guess.

In other news....
Second grade is off to a pretty good start. She isn't fond of her English curriculum, but that's partly because she is having to learn to work independantly, and write more down. She is really letting her penmenship go today! She just really doesn't want to do the work, and doesn't realize yet that I am more stubborn than she is.
Math is actually going better than it was, but that's partly the begining of the year review stuff...she already knows all the answers.

My son made a lovely mess of water in their room on the floor which mildewed; I had figured in our heat it would dry fast enough not to matter. I was wrong, so I am trying my 3rd or 4th cleaner today to see if we can kill it. This means that they are not allowed to be in the room while it is drying and that is driving us all crazy!

We are trying to go camping next week, an annual trip :)
I am in the process of packing, washing, and packing some more.
As usual we are keeping pretty busy!
So I will write when I have more information on what the baby's kidney situation is like.

No comments: