Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In case you're still out there

I contemplated just stopping this silly nonsense..... but I feel compelled to at least complete the pregnancy updates.

On September 1, 2006, our daughter Aliyah Miechelle was born.
My first to debut before the due date, and in the afternoon! (usually we go to ER in the middle of the night)
STATS:
She was 7lbs. 6 oz.
20 in. long
head 12 3/4 in.
chest 12 1/2 in.
Time 1 pm PST

This was anothe fast one, and our DR, whose office is accross the street from the hospital, didn't make it in time. Another delivery that was truely blessed.

First the reception desk skipped the usual policy of waiting for paperwork before going to the Labor and Delivery ward. Then when our first nurse there was told they had no more beds in their triage and I'd have to wait in the waiting room, she found a free bed to check me.
At 7 cm. & 80% they got me a delivery room, tho I felt bad for the person who was going to get it and got "bumpped." We delivered shortly there after, maybe 15 minutes after getting the room.

Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her shoulders behind her neck, then down and around one of her feet. We were teasing about the acrobatics that must have been going on in there!
She has a head full of hair! Enough to do a little styling....my older daughtrs didn't have enough to style until they were a year old!!

She looks great and is doing well. At only 8 hours old they ran an ultrasound, which showed her right kidney is about twice the size it should be. Our Pediatric Urologist has ordered an X-ray of her bladder (tho it looks fine), he wants to check to see if it is leaking urine back to the kidney.
Then after this test we'll see him again and find out where we go from there. I have heard many cases of children with similar blockage or obstructions in the kidney simply out growing the problem. I am, of coarse, hoping for that!

Well, anyone left out there in cyberspace, I hope you are well.
Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope they get the kidney issue figured out soon. :-)