Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Goals

I'm not the type of person who has a written list of goals to accomplish.
The closest I come to that is probably the occasional "to do list" which probably comes down to the fact I really like crossing things off the list!

I was thinking however, that I do have some set goals that I continually work toward.
We have set (long ago) some traditions that are important to us, things we want to pass on to our kids, or at least make memories they will enjoy for years to come. Those things we make a purpose to add to our lives now, which is the process of reaching our goals.

We want to teach our kids about money. How to tithe, save, spend; how to avoid the pitfalls of being miserly or frivolous. We use a standard Deut 6 approach
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Last evening I had the chance to allow my kiddos to spend their money in a God honoring way and that's when it hit me that I actually do have goals, and things we are working toward...whether or not I write it down. ;0)

Maybe you, like me, get discouraged by others who say you need to do things this way or that.... scheduling, writing down goals, or whatever it may be...
I say follow God as the person He made you. He made us all different for a reason, and no it isn't just to bug those Type A's who thing we should all be like them.

No comments: