Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A message from my heart

Last week, I read a news article that broke my heart. A sweet little toddler had been beaten to death by her mom and step dad. She had even reached up and said "I love you, Mommy." and I couldn't even finish the article I was too overwhelmed....

It came to me that the Lord was grieved also, that His compassion for her was far greater than mine and that my compassion was a gift from Him. Then as I was thinking how those responsible for her death should be beaten to death; it occurred to me that my sins also deserve death! That the Lord feels compassion for them so much so that He died a horrible death, and that they really need to know that forgiveness. The only thing separating me from them was Jesus' forgiveness.

So I thought I had two special messages from the Lord and that I should share them with you.

One, we cannot fathom how wide and high and long and deep is the love of God; that He is of tenderest compassion. The other, that each person, regardless of our view of them, is precious to Him; so much so that He died to save them! A truth I sometimes need reminding of.

No comments: