Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Decision

Well, Aliyah is 18 months old! **ahhhhh** Where does time go?

I have had her Pediatric Urologist for longer than she has been out, as we saw him before she was born for a consult. He isn't very good at bed side manner, and has opined on topics....like how many kids not to have.... that aren't his business. But the most difficult part is that his billing office has been a thorn in my side for the entire time!

We have been billed for the "write off" portion 2 or 3 times. This last time they have been billing it for over 12 months. My ins. co. finally said they could do no more to help last October. I have sent them all the info. (and more) they could need and still it isn't getting resolved.

That brings me to the "big decision"
Switching DRs
I spoke with our pediatrician's office and asked for a referral, then I called and spoke with one of the staff there. She was very pleasant to talk with, very helpful and polite. She answered all my questions and even encouraged me to call again if I thought of more!!! With the other office, if I got through to a person, they weren't happy to talk to me, no matter how polite I was!

The down side is that they only have an office at Cedar Sinai in Beverly Hills, so no more local visits. It also means starting over. We did want a second opinion at one point, and they do take our ins....

So we have to weigh it out and see.

No comments: